1. Q. How many times per week will my child meet for lessons?
A. Twice per week. Each lesson is for 30 minutes.
2. Q. Will my child be pulled from class (related arts or core curriculum classes) for lessons?
A. Yes. The lessons will be based on a rotating schedule. There will be an “A” week schedule and a “B” week schedule. Each schedule will have a different time that your child will meet for lessons. Students will not be pulled from either math or their instructional reading groups and most of their classes are during their Related Arts and extended DEAR times.
3. Q. What is my child’s responsibility for playing an instrument?
A. Your child will have homework 2 days per week. This homework will be to complete the lesson in his/her method book. This requires that your child has to practice their instrument just 5 minutes a day for 5 days a week. Homework assignments will be reviewed during their lessons.
4. Q. Do I have to wait to be contacted to rent my child’s first choice instrument?
A. No. Unless contacted by September 15th, you may rent your child’s first choice instrument.
5. Q. What is the cost of renting an instrument?
A. You have to call each music company to find the cost of renting an instrument.